Address:

HFTRA

Civic 8 Harrow Civic Centre

Station Road 

Harrow

HA1 1XF

In order to call us

Tel: 020 8420 9685

between 9:30am and 12:30pm

or leave a message on our ansaphone and we will call you back.

Want to join us?

If you'd like to become a member, click here to get to our Contact page.

News

Covid-19

Due to the current self isolating regulations the HFTRA office is currently closed. Please email us using the form on our Contact page and we will reply to you. Or call us on the above number to get furthur details on how to get in touch with us.

 

Cancelled Meetings

Furthur to the above, all meetings that are held at Sheltered Blocks have been csncelled. Althought still listed they will not, due to Covid-19 rules be able to be held until regulatiobs about shielding vaunerable persons are eased. Please watch this site and look out for an announcement about restarting meetings on this site and in the information letter that you receive from HFTRA.

Minutes

29th October 2019

Time:  7.30

Place of meeting: Honeybun Community Hall  (Women’s Centre)

Purpose: General Meeting

 

Present: Terry Frisch. Jo Bishop, Andre Trichet and Kevin Duddy.

 

Apologies for absence: Mike Bishop and Shelley Atkinson.

 

Minutes  of the last meeting:  These were approved by Kevin  Duddy and Andre Trichet.

 

Honeybun Community Hall. As the Hall has been vacated by the Women’s Centre it has now reverted to the Honeybun Community Hall and the Council are trying to find a group that are prepared to take on the lease, or even a group of charities who are prepared to be responsible for the lease.  A suggestion was made that Firm Foundation may be prepared to take it on for a period of 3 months from December to March.  This group accommodates people who live on the street.  They are interviewed and a decision is made as to their suitability.  This includes both men and women.  They would only receive breakfast, evening meal and be able to sleep overnight with people in authority being present to make sure that the building and people were secure.  At the  present time they are housed at Trinity Church in Hindes Road.  A straw poll was taken by TF and MB of the people living nearby and there was both positive and negative opinion about this, 3 to 4 to 1 against. The timing was found to be too short a period for the organisation to be sorted and consequently this will not happen.   If a group of charities can be found to meet at other times that would be acceptable to the Council.  The matter is still ongoing.

If anyone knows of a group who would be pleased to hold events or social occasions please let us know as we need to find a way of keeping the Hall open.

 

 There have been a number of burglaries on the estate and consequently TF has spoken to the Police who are prepared to come along and make a presentation about  how to keep your home safe.  This is due to be held on 11th November, venue to be agreed. More information will be in the Newsletter to be published in the next week.

 

Anti-Social Behaviour

KD reported that no change has been made at No.15 Springway about the rbbish both front and back gardens.  Also his front drivers side window has been smashed.  He did not report this. Similar events have taken place in Marshall Close and Ford Close.  There  is no CPZ car parking in this area.

There are reports of drug taking in Charles Crescent.

Gardening Club

TF,MB and JB will be planting up the beds around the estate with wallflowers over the next week or so and also weeding.  JB reported that the sleepers holding the rose beds at the top of Lascelles are coming away and one is particularly sticking out and could be dangerous.

 

HTFRA

The meeting due to be held on the 29th October (the same date of this meeting) was not held.  The next meeting is on the 19th November and AM will attend.

 

AOB

 There has been no further communication from Rachel Spice following a response on Facebook.

 

There is to be a Brew and Chew Macmillan Cancer support group at St. Peters Church on 2nd November so please go along and take a cake and buy one in order to raise funds or just go alone between 2  and 4pm. Contact  Louise White on 07913 185678.

 

A suggestion has been made of us becoming a neighbourhood watch to make us more of a community.  TF would perhaps start one up.  There is a group WhatsApp group but that could become more problematic as some people may be on this all day with reports of seeing someone suspicious.TF will look into it.

 

Meeting closed at 8 pm.

 

10th December 2019

No Meeting Was held

 

21st January 2020

Time:  7.30

Place of meeting: Honeybun Community Hall  (Women’s Centre)

Purpose: General Meeting

 

Present: Terry Frisch. Jo Bishop, Mike Bishop, Kevin Duddy, Melena Walker, Shelley Atkinson, and Rosemary Attack.

 

Apologies for absence: Andy Marshall and Andre Trichet

 

Minutes of the last meeting:  These were approved by TF and Meeting

 

Matters Arising

(i)        Honeybun Community Hall. The Council are still trying to find a suitable leaseholder for the Hall.   If a group of charities can be found to meet at other times that would be acceptable to the Council.  The matter is still ongoing.

If anyone knows of a group who would be pleased to hold events or social occasions please let us know as we need to find a way of keeping the Hall open.

 

 (ii)      Security matters. We had a meeting on the 11th December conducted by the  Police which was well attended and we had hoped that more people would come to our meetings, particularly the Christmas one which was a social occasion.  The Security meeting was felt to be most useful to those who attended.

 

(iii)      Anti-Social Behaviour. JB reported that food was being scattered on the grass in front of block 11 in Charles Crescent like raw carrots, raw new potatoes and raw turnips. Can we do anything about this.  Perhaps a note in the next newsletter might help. TF said he will call on some of the flats to find out who it might be.  There was a report of nuisance being experienced by some tenants in another part of the estate. TF will endeavour to find out who the relevant Landlord is.

KD reported that no change has been made at No.15 Springway about the rubbish both front and back gardens. 

 

(iv)      Christmas Social. This was a very pleasant occasion and enjoyed by all who attended although it would have been nice if more people had come along. It was a “thankyou”to all those who had helped and participated in the TRA.

 

Financial Report

No change has been made as no payments have been made although TF needs payment and hopes to purchase some plants in the near future.

 

Gardening Club:

No gardening has been done for a while because of the weather.  It is hoped that we can get access to the back part of the Honeybun Hall to see what the shed is like and also to enable the gardening club to put tools etc., in there for easy access. TF will try and get keys to this area for this purpose. TF proposed we buy some polyanthus (primroses) for some winter colour in the flower beds – this was agreed.  We will be purchasing some rose bushes but not yet.  We are still looking for places to plant trees around the estate.  A house in Springway has asked for one to be planted in their front garden.

 

HTFRA

The meeting on the 19th November was not attended by anyone of the Honeybun TRA but minutes have been received should anyone wish to read them Contact JB or TF for copies.  A note in the minutes states that the insurance  is due for renewal and the Council are running courses for Carers.  Please register with the Council who will make contact.

 

Any Other Business:

The meeting due to take place on the 10th December did not take place as the Security meeting was on the 12th and the Christmas social was on the 18th December,

 

SA has kindly offered to take on the Honeybun TRA Website for which we are grateful.

 

Meeting closed at 9 pm.

Print Print | Sitemap
© HFTRA